Monday, November 9, 2009

Ferdinand's First Walk!

Yes, it's true. He's been a city bunny for so long that we never took him out for walks. The other problem, was that we could only find these stringy leashes that looked as if he might turn himself into a victim of bunny-strangulation via macrame plant holder. Admittedly, Mr.Bunz reprimanded me for making him wear a polka-dot leash attached to a blue crossing guard vest... Even if they are "safety" polka-dots.


"Eh okay, I'm fine here. I'll just stay in my little mesh bunny-box, where there are niblets leftover from when you tricked me to the vet. Mmmm, still crunchy."


Radio, live transmission.
Radio, live transmission.
Listen to the silence, let it ring on.
Eyes, dark grey lenses frightened of the sun.
We would have a fine time living in the night,
Left to blind destruction,
Waiting for our sight.
And we would go on as though nothing was wrong.
And hide from these days we remained all alone.


Here is a picture; he's comfortable, smelling the grass. Notice how mad he is at me for making him go outside on a nice day. Check out the squinty eye!


"I like to dig & and I dig to like" bumper sticker please. Yours, Ferdinand.

2 comments:

HB said...

Ooo! Lucky Ferdinand!

jezebel said...

Loooooove! We used to take my childhood bunny out in the backyard on a harness.